DASS, Coventry City Council & Vice Chair WM-ADASS Branch (Internal)
Peter is the Vice-Chair of WM-ADASS Branch (Internal) with responsibility for leading on Workforce and Resources.
He is an experienced and effective leader with a background in social care, commissioning and contracting, human resources and change management and a track record of achievements in transformation and partnership working with health and the third sector.He combines a grasp of detail and an ability to manage high volume and diversity with an ability to lead and maintain strategic direction; working within structured processes and organisations with reality and pragmatism, combining local realities and complexity within a changing environment.
Key contributions include:
- Delivering the corporate transformation agenda within the largest City Council Directorate;
- Leading the development of the integration programme with health;
- Re-shaping services and delivering large scale workforce change in response to this;
- Delivering significant improvements in ICT systems;
- Managing large workforces, approx. 700 across 30 locations;
- Managing the market for social care;
- Co-producing services for Domestic Violence and Homelessness to bring about significant change;
- Managing difficult and contentious decisions through political processes.
Outside of work Peter exercises whenever possible and is a very keen runner who has competed in countless races in the UK and overseas, racking up 15 full marathons in the process and still going strong.