ADASS West Midlands represents the 14 directors running adult social care services for local authorities across the region. Our core purpose is to provide an improvement programme to our directors.
Our improvement programme:
Recognises the following principles underpinning sector-led improvement:
- Councils are responsible for their own performance
- Stronger accountability to local people drives further improvement
- Councils have a collective responsibility for performance in the sector
Provides professional leadership to our improvement work ensuring:
- Each council is self-aware of performance
- Collective responsibility by sharing good practice & peer review
- Strong regional ADASS leadership
- An evidence-based approach involving people with lived experience and carers
Is characterised by:
- A strong focus on co-production, safeguarding, equality, diversity & inclusion
- Effective, flexible and efficient use of resources
- Learning, continuous improvement and striving for excellence
- A commitment to self-assure & being open/honest in the regional family
Improvement means doing things that improve the experience of social care by all adults who need it, their families and their carers. You can read more our programmes and activities on the pages linked opposite and also in the Networks section.
The ADASS West Midlands programme of activity involves deputy and assistant directors of social care, social work and occupational therapy professionals, commissioners of services, people from partner organisations, and many others involved in shaping and delivering adult social care locally.
We have recently establised a Co-production Advisory Group formed of people with lived experience from across the West Midlands to help us improve personalised care and support.
Partners include NHS organisations, universities, professional associations, and those delivering care services in both voluntary and private sectors.
We have a team of associates, who provide specialist advice and support, and business partners who work with us on projects and initiatives.